What is SAP Business One?
In simple words it is a single, affordable solution which can manage your entire small or medium size business – from accounting and financials, purchasing, inventory, sales and customer relationships to analytics and reporting. It helps in capturing data of major business functions into a single centralized location, which can be accessed in real-time to make fast, informed decisions as there is greater visibility and control of your organization. There’s a reason why more than 70,000 small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) run their business with SAP Business One ERP Solution. This is how we come to know that SAP Business One ERP software is one of the best and most used ERP solutions worldwide for SMEs.
Trusted around the world for these reasons, SAP B1 is said to be a scalable, proven solution available on-premise and also on Cloud as a SaaS Model. With this you can gain complete control of your business. This powerful, yet easy-to-use ERP system helps in simplifying the entire business operations, boosting productivity and therefore helping in accelerated growth all on cloud too.
SAP Business One Modules – The digital core for SMEs
A SAP B1 Module is a collection of functionality sets for business processes, grouped by business departments.
The below modules are some of the basic SAP Business One modules. These with other customizable SAP B1 modules are considered to be best in class functional modules which help in managing operations and data for small and midsize businesses.
- Financial management – helps in automating everyday accounting tasks such as maintaining ledger and journal entries, supporting tax calculations. Consists tools for Accounting, Controlling, Fixed Asset Management, Banking and Reconciliation, Financial Reporting and Analytics.
- Sales and opportunity management – Track sales opportunities and lead activities throughout the sales process. Store all customer data in one place by synchronizing and managing customer contacts. Consists tools for Sales and opportunity management, Marketing campaign management, Customer management, Service management, Reporting and analysis.
- Purchasing and Inventory Control – helps in systematic approach to managing the procurement process, from requesting vendor quotes, to creating purchase requests and paying vendors. Consists tools for Procurement, Master data management, Warehouse and accounting integration, Accounts payable, Reporting.
- Production Planning – provides accurate information about inbound and outbound shipments, inventory, and item location. It also Consists tools for Bin location management, Goods receipt and issue control, Production and material requirements planning, Warehouse and inventory management and Efficient reporting.
- Business Intelligence – With analytics powered by SAP HANA, it takes advantage of in memory computing for analysis and reporting. Consists tools for Report creation and customization, Interactive analysis, Intuitive tools, Analytics plus pre-defined KPIs, powerful visualizations by integrating SAP Lumira.
- Analytics and reporting – make better business decisions by capturing all the critical data in real time and making it instantly available company-wide via dashboards and reports. In addition for faster information access, the SAP HANA version for SAP B1 provides powerful analytics, making it easier for users to search for the information they need and create standard or ad hoc reports in a moment.
SAP Business One ERP solution to suit your business today, tomorrow and the future. Three different ways to deploy it in your business.
On Premise – This helps in compliance with internal data security policies. There is direct control and access to data. Customizing and extending business processes can be done more efficiently. You can leverage your internal hardware and existing IT infrastructure and resources. Hence there is less dependency on always-connected internet in case of any network issues or drop.
Mobile – Instant access for employees who need to view and update data from anywhere. Mobilizing your sales team with integrated mobile apps with Integrated analytics which enables real-time decision making, therefore making employees more productive on the go. Comprehensive sales and service functions.
Cloud – Business One is the go to SAP Cloud ERP for SME where all your key business processes go cloud-native, including financials, sales, inventory, production and logistics. This gives you complete real-time access to your company’s data from anywhere and anytime. It also majorly cuts down on deployment time, reduces costs, increases scalability, boosts security, and eliminates the need for costly hardware and software maintenance. As a matter of reliability and security, SAP Business One Cloud runs on the industry-leading cloud platform that powers much of the web, Amazon Web Services (AWS).
SAP B1 Cloud ERP – Powered by HANA
Business One Cloud runs on SAP HANA (High Performance Analytic Appliance), the industry leading in memory computing platform that delivers blazingly fast application performance for processing and analyzing large volumes of data in real-time. Also SAP B1 HANA is simpler, easier and faster than running applications on your own hardware.
Your ERP system is the reinforcement of your entire business. Hence, the main USP of SAP Business One HANA is speed and accessibility. The quicker your systems run, the quicker you get the information you need. This shall help you in making faster business decisions. Also improve efficiency in the short-term and drive growth in the long-term.
Key Benefits of SAP Business One HANA
- SAP HANA will manage your analytics needs without the addition of spending on any third-party software. It is an all-in-one ERP solution which has reporting and analytics together to cater to all your business operations.
- SAP HANA comes with in-memory computing technology that analyzes large amounts of data within no time, handling transactions, data processing and analytics all together. It also will help you to reduce the time between insight and action by giving a real-time analysis.
- It’s intuitive & powerful dashboards, real-time reporting and embedded analytics will give you up-to-date information quickly and real-time visibility into all your business processes, thus making your business a real-time enterprise.
- Access the information needed to make decisions more expeditious than ever
- Search and explore more information before making decisions
- Utilize enterprise search to find information and navigate the system more expeditious
- Benefits of accumulated performance of transactional activities
- Users can do more analytics without taking help of IT persons
- Leverage familiar MS excel reports and analysis
- It helps you to run reports quickly. Also gives real-time and in-depth analysis, providing you insights and enabling you to explore them.
SAP One and its features for various Industries
SAP Business One ERP Software offers a wide range of extensive industry-specific solutions configured for the unique needs with specific tools designed for SMBs in the market. These functionalities are built on the same Business One platform which is used by more than 700,000 businesses worldwide. Some of those industry verticals are shown below.
Consumer products – Provides every aspect of your operations to the needs of modern consumers. Anticipates, plans and manages demand to deliver the consumer goods and products shoppers seek. Helps in providing wide integration with suppliers, retail stores and E-Commerce solutions. It also helps in robust serialization and warranty support for businesses that focus on consumer products.
Retail – Give consumers the products, information, and personalized experiences they want. Similarly harness real-time customer and point-of-sale insights to optimize operations. Therefore, It helps retail businesses handle complex supply chains, meet Omni-channel customer support needs, manage multiple supplier and retail outlets, connect with E-Commerce channels and accurately predict product demand.
Food and beverages -There is flexible multi-level margin calculation where you can control items or ingredients throughout the whole value chain automatically thereby reducing manual workloads. Also support for GMP guidelines and industry-specific legal standards that is required for the industry. Improves visibility of raw materials and work in process. Therefore easier in handling returns of goods, complaints and after-sales service management efficiently.
Pharmaceuticals – Need to maintain the accounting entity of the pharma industry of payments from amount spent on production, raw materials, to amount receivable business transactions. Therefore BMR and BPR records are tracked easily since they mark the quality of medicines. Routine management allows stipulated users to give out medicines in a distinct approach.
Wholesale distribution – Respond to customer and supplier demand with flexible, tightly integrated processes. In addition provides a comprehensive business solutions tailored for distributors who must manage supply chain and logistics, warehousing, inventory, E-Commerce, rebate offers and countless others variables involved in wholesale distribution.
Manufacturing – Software designed for manufacturing companies manages complex supply chains, permits just in time deliveries, tracks production, connects vendors and suppliers through EDI ( Electronic Data Interchange) and other manufacturing specific processes. ERP for manufacturing industries improves accuracy, transparency and consistency in cost estimates and calculations thereby increasing product margins. Hence, Business One ERP is the widely used ERP software in manufacturing industries across the globe for it’s best features.
SAP Business One Implementation Cost and Process
SAP B1 is a powerful tool for growing your business. But getting the most from it requires thoughtful planning, smart configuration and a good implementation partner. We, Skysurge are one of the best SAP business one partners in Bangalore. We design seamlessly and make strategic integrations for your business. And with our implementations being just not about configuring features but also to build the system for your specific needs. We go deep to understand your processes, your people and the challenges you want to solve. SAP B1’s flexibility – combined with our development expertise. Also allows us to tailor the solution to your needs thereby enhancing growth and profitability!
SAP Business One provides flexible SAP license models. So you can choose the purchase method that best fits your budget and timeframe. Skysurge provides right type of license based on number of users, functionality etc namely Starter Package and Professional Package.
SAP Business One is particularly designed to fit the needs and the budgets of SMEs just like yours . Let us help you calculate the cost for your business.